G1Sn-x1 XP Instructions
The school computers are all ASUS G1Sn laptops. Asus didn’t bother to write drivers for this system, so here is a path for rebuilding and loading XP tharupon. 4 gig systems have to pull the memory back to 2 sometimes. With one memory strip the Video card will find itself. Some people have been able to disable PCI express ports to get around this. (P.S. Thank you Nvidia for finally allowing Mobile drivers to install without a hammer and custom .inf files!) Note: G1s (not g1sN) have 205 and 300 BIOS to allow the following:
1. Go to BIOS Utility F2 during splash screen
2. Select advanced – IDE SATA CONFIGURATION – Compatibility.
3. Boot from CD and Install Windows XP and Service Pack 3.
4. Download and run 7kim06ww.exe
5. Go to C:\DRIVERS\WIN\IMSM\PREPARE, and double-click install.cmd.
6. Reboot and enter the BIOS.
7. Select Advanced – IDE SATA CONFIGURATION – ENHANCED
8. Start Windows XP. The Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard appears.
9. Click No, not this time and click Next.
10. Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced), then click Next.
11. Select Search for the best driver in these locations. Then select Include this location in the search:, specify the path, C:\DRIVERS\WIN\IMSM, and click Next. The Completing the Found New Hardware Wizard appears.
12. Click Finish.
13. When the System Settings Change window appears, click Yes. Restarts.